North Brunswick's 2nd Annual
Community Yard Sales
The Township of North Brunswick will hold its 2nd Community Wide Yard Sales during the first three Saturdays in May. The yard sales will be conducted in three zones.
On Saturday, May 6, yard sales will be held in Zone 1, which includes Berdines Corner and the neighborhoods bordered by Livingston Avenue, Patton Street, Ridgewood Avenue, Linwood Place, Hermann Road, Milltown Road, including the Milltown section, Chrome Street, Georges Road and Nassau Street.
On Saturday, May 13, the sales move to Zone 2 including all neighborhoods on either side of Route 130 from the Route 1/130 overpass to Black Horse Lane including Deer Brook Village.
On Saturday, May 20, the Zone 3 yard sales will be held between Route 1 and Route 27 and from How Lane south to Finnegans Lane.
The yard sales will be rain or shine.
***Participant lists will be posted at 12 p.m. on the Friday before the yard sale.***
Click on the link below to Register today. The benefits of registering include:
• Be included on the list of Yard Sales available to potential buyers! Only your residence number and street will be displayed on the township website before your sale date. Your name, phone number and email address will not be displayed.
• Your registration means no calling for bulk pickup on Monday – it just gets picked up!
• No permit required!
• Yard Sale must be ONLY on your property
• Start your sale no earlier than 7:30 a.m.
• FREESTANDING signs (not affixed to a utility pole or street sign, etc) no more than four square feet can be put out up to three days ahead and should be removed immediately following your sale.
• Download a PDF information flyer for the Yard Sale
Remember, consult with the management company or association if you live in an area where this is applicable. Please follow their rules!!
AFTER YOUR YARD SALE
Yard Sale Monday Bulk Collection Guidelines
On the Monday following each yard sale a collection of bulk material will be automatically scheduled for each registered household. The Department of Public Works will collect only bulk items that you did not sell and have placed at the curb, which may include indoor and non-metal outdoor furniture; large toys; bagged clothing, textiles, dishes, glasses; small appliances and home décor items. Metal items such as bicycles, air conditioners and bed frames will be collected on the Wednesday following each yard sale.
We will NOT collect televisions, computers, monitors, printers and other peripheral devices. (We recommend residents utilize the Best Buy recycling program which accepts just about all consumer electronics with some exclusions. Check their website for additional information by clicking this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Promotions/Recycling-Electronics/pcmcat149900050025.c?id=pcmcat149900050025
Regular household garbage will be picked on your next regular collection date.
As always, please recycle all plastic items labeled 1 - 7, aluminum cans, glass bottles (NOT DRINKING GLASSES OR VASES), plastic bottles, paper and cardboard.
For further information, call the DPW office at (732) 297-1134.