The North Brunswick Domestic Violence Response Team is looking for new volunteer victim advocates, with preference for team members who are bilingual English/Spanish. The team runs a 24/7/365 on call schedule, responding to North Brunswick and Milltown Police. The on-call times are from 4pm-8am on weekdays, all day on weekends and holidays when family court is closed. Members will need to be able to respond in the night time hours.
This is a volunteer organization and not a paid position.
In order to join:
• Completion of application and background check
• Successful completion of an interview with current team members
• Successful completion of a 40-hour training program (next class beginning 09.18.23)
New team members will:
• Complete minimum 10 supervised hours with experienced DVRT member
• Be on call (within 20-minute response time to North Brunswick and Milltown Police Departments) on scheduled days of the month
• Attend monthly meetings, usually held the first Tuesday of every month
• Attend coalition meetings and continuing education as scheduled
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com.