Marriage License Information
PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING A
MARRIAGE LICENSE IN NORTH BRUNSWICK
The following information only applies to couples being married in New Jersey, and the bride resides in North Brunswick. Applications are accepted by appointment only in the Municipal Clerk’s Office on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, between the hours of 8:30 am - 3:30pm. Please call for an appointment at least 3 weeks before the ceremony. There is a mandatory waiting period before a license could be issued.
Items required for both bride and groom at the time of application:
- Birth certificate with raised seal or valid passport. NOTE: All foreign documents must be translated in writing into English and sealed by the proper authority.
- Proof of residency. (Driver’s license, lease, tax return.)
- $28.00 CASH, EXACT CHANGE ONLY.
- If married before, death certificate, annulment or divorce papers, whichever applies.
- Social Security card.
- Witness over the age of 18 that speaks English.
- Bride and Groom must know their parents birthplaces, mother’s maiden names and the name and person officiating.
Please contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office with further questions.