If you need to report a crime in progress or an urgent safety matter, please do not use this form. Dial 911. The instructions below outline the sort of non-emergency situations that are appropriate for this form.
Crime tips are information about a crime after it has taken place. Also please remember that attempting is doing. Examples of crimes where a tip might be provided:
- drug dealing or other illegal distribution of controlled or illegal substances
- human trafficking
- burglary and vandalism (not in process)
- other illegal activities
Please fill out the form call the Detective Bureau at (732) 247-0922 ext 341.
Traffic Safety Issues
To report appropriate non-emergency, traffic safety issues, please fill out this form or call the Traffic Safety Bureau at (732) 247-0922, ext. 412.
Appropriate For Form
This form is for traffic safety issues that are not urgent. Traffic safety issues are information about a traffic violation after it has taken place. Examples of non-urgent traffic safety issues appropriate for this form:
- speeding in a neighborhood
- not stopping at crosswalks
- other car based violations
When To Call 911
Traffic safety issues where dispatch should be called instead include more urgent matters such as:
- traffic signal out
- fallen tree, debris in the road or other physical hazards
- road flooding or other weather-based, road hazards