THE SENIOR TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM IS FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT DRIVE OR HAVE ANY OTHER MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION.
You must PRE-REGISTER and receive a TRANSPORTATION ID CARD in order to use the North Brunswick Township Transportation Services.
Contact the Senior Center office, located at 15 Linwood Place, at (732) 418-2222 to set up an appointment.
Upon registration and pre-qualification, please follow the guidelines below.
Our goal is to provide each of you with the best transportation service possible. The program is for all North Brunswick Township Seniors age 62 and over or bona fide disabled residents. Qualified residents have no other means of transportation and do not drive.
The Township of North Brunswick Senior Center will be using Mercy Transportation to assist with your transportation needs.
• Call the Senior Center at (732) 418-2222 to schedule transportation between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• Appointments must be made 2 days in advance.
• Mercy Transportation hours are Monday-Friday from 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- $1 each way to Senior Center.
- $2 each way for trips within North Brunswick.
- $3 each way for medical trips outside of North Brunswick, no further than 10 miles.
• There will be one Saturday a month, available for transportation, to be determined.
• Curb-to-curb service.
• For pick-ups after 4 p.m., please call Mercy directly at: (732) 433-7433.
In-House Services Provided
• Food Shopping at 740 Hermann: 10 a.m. Wednesdays - $1.00
• Transportation to special events in town and out of town.
• Trips to local restaurants and stores - $1.00.
MCAT - Middlesex County Area Transit (or AWTS, Area Wide Transportation) 800-221-3520
• MCAT provides transportation, for a $3.00 per trip (one way) fee, to seniors 60+ and disabled residents of Middlesex County. The general purpose of the program is to make intermittent transportation available and accessible so that residents may obtain the necessities of life, with priority given to non-emergency medical services.
• Registration and reservations are required - can be done over the phone.
• No cash - must purchase tickets in advance.
• 2 week notice to book appointments.
• Bus stop outside 740 Hermann Road/Martin Gerber Housing/Brunswick Shopping Center.
• Discounted rides to - New Brunswick, East Brunswick, Walmart.
• Access Link is a public transportation service established to comply with the paratransit regulations of the ADA. Access Link service is comparable to the NJ Transit local fixed route bus and light rail systems. Access Link is for people with disabilities who are unable to use the local fixed route bus for some or all of their rides.
• For information, reservations, complaints or compliments, please call between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at (800) 955-2321.
The Senior Center can be reached at (732) 418-2222 with any questions.