Water Loss Adjustment To Bill

Sometimes broken or damaged plumbing fixtures, irrigation equipment or pipes can cause unintentional water loss. If that happens, a customer may be eligible for a Courtesy Leak Adjustment to their account. If an adjustment is approved, all wasted water above normal consumption, for the same monthly period for the year before, will be billed at the lowest tier possible. In addition to an administrative tier adjustment, customers may also make an appeal to the governing body who has the authority to waive a charge on a utility account.

Qualification Rules

  • Leak adjustments will be issued in the form of a credit to the account, not a refund. It is a one time adjustment.
  • The credit will appear on the bill following approval.
  • The continuous or abnormal flow on the account must have stopped.
  • Customers must have a new AMI meter.
  • Leak adjustments are not made due to an account being in arrears.

Disqualification Rules

  • High water use caused by seasonal activities such as watering of sod, gardening, filling swimming pools or whirlpools, washing vehicles, etc.
  • When water loss/unusual water consumption continues for three (3) or more months, there will be no adjustment past the third or subsequent billing periods.